Hello everyone. I guess last week kind of got away from me. I had promised to post the recipe for Kale Chips and never did. Sorry about that. Well, I am posting it now, along with a recipe for Cranberry-Orange Relish that is excellent and would make a great side dish to Thursday’s Thanksgiving meal.
Enjoy the recipes!
2 cups fresh kale leaves
Non-stick cooking spray, preferably butter flavor
Salt, to taste
1. Preheat over to 425º.
2. Place kale leaves on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Spritz leaves with the cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
3. Bake in the oven until crispy, about 5-8 minutes.
Makes: 1 serving.
PointsPlus values per serving: 0
12 oz fresh cranberries
1 medium orange, cut into chunks (save half of the peeling)
1 cup Splenda
1 piece fresh ginger root (about 1 inch)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Put cranberries, orange, orange peel, Splenda, ginger and cinnamon in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
2. Scrape into a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. You can make this relish up to 5 days ahead of time.
Makes: About 3-4 cups
Serving size: 1/4 cup
PointsPlus values per serving: 1